Re: error: 'PTHREAD_MUTEX_RECURSIVE' undeclared

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 9:54 PM, Jakub Jelinek <jakub@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 09:16:27PM +0200, Metuki Sabhe wrote:
> > Can someone please shed some light here ?
>
> info libc 'Feature Test Macros'
>
> You need -D_GNU_SOURCE, -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 or -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600
> in this case.

Thanks a million times !

As an application developer who programmed many Linux applications,
I was not aware that I need to do that !

If I understand right from the libc manuals, I better use -D_GNU_SOURCE for
every new Linux app I develop.

Do you agree ?

I must say that I have never ever heard about it ! in years of work !
I encountered the problem only now, because I needed RECURSIVE
mutexes...
I wonder.. did this affect me in any other way before ? or even more
scary - If I begin
to use it now, will it change the behavior of my programs ?

Thanks!!!
Metuki