disableing locale completely.

Hi.

I am working on toolchain maintained for arm port. I am using option disable-nls to disable language internationalization. so default locales installed will be "C" and "POSIX". To set up other locale, i use localedef option.

As far my knowledge, disable-nls will disable functionality of gettext utility.
With the libc installation, locale data too get installed, By locale data, i meant local definitions file, charmaps and message formatter file (.mo files).

On disabling language internationalization, why are the locale data files still needed?
Is there a way, or any option already available in libc not to get locale data files installed?

Thanking you.

-Seema Ravandale
software Engg,
Azingo soft system pvt ltd,