Re: times02 test in LTP (Testcase to test that times() sets errno correctly) fails with glibc-2.8

Hi;

13 Nis 2008 Paz tarihinde, Ulrich Drepper ÅunlarÄ yazmÄÅtÄ:
> S.ÃaÄlar Onur wrote:
> > buildhouse ltp-full-20080331 # ./testcases/bin/times02
> > times02     1  FAIL  :  times(2) failed to FAIL
>
> That test is bogus, at least for archs which report return value and
> error in the same value.  times has no reserved error code.  In glibc
> 2.9 we will have code which causes the application to crash in case a
> real EFAULT error is returned.  This will also be different from what
> the test expect.  Get that test removed from the test suite.

I just send a removal patch to LTP lists, thanks for explanation...

Cheers
--
S.ÃaÄlar Onur <caglar@pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!