glibc commit access

Rather than debating adding a MAINTAINERS file to the source tree, please
just start a wiki page with that info.  Lack of commit permission or lack
of a decision about the file does not need to hold you back.

The commit ACLs are in the CVSROOT/avail file, which I maintain.
Andreas Jaeger can also add people there when it's appropriate and
I am not available.  (In physical fact, many people could do it.
But please coordinate with me and Andreas.)

We have never been very formal about it before, but the de facto
set of permissions for the source tree are these:

drepper, roland have blanket discretion to commit.  (This means that Uli
gets to go upside my head after I commit something he doesn't like.  It
doesn't mean you get to lobby me to commit something that Uli has refused.)
Only these people should commit changes that have not been posted.

aj, rth, schwab, jakub have blanket permission to commit after approval.
(Approval is from a blanket commit person, or in sysdeps machine code from
the person authoritative for that machine.)  Anyone trusted this way is
also trusted to commit on their discretion in extreme cases (like a
build-breaking typo with an incontrovertibly obvious fix).  These people
also each has discretion in the machine sysdeps area for which he is
authoritative.  (For a person authoritative for a machine, a post of
patches or at least log entries of changes being committed is expected.)

Jakub has blanket permission on his various branches.  (No other distro's
glibc maintainer has wanted to participate in the distro-branch scheme.)

For the web pages, Carlos has discretion to commit but is expected to
consult and be especially conservative.

Thanks,
Roland