Re: [patch] Change inline asm to work with llvm-gcc

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 05:14:56PM +0000, Rafael Espindola wrote:
> > Personally, I think it is an llvm bug. If it isn't 100% compatible with
> > gcc, it shouldn't say so. However, if gcc 4.2 has the same issue,
> > it is an entirely different story.
>
> I have no idea if gcc 4.2 has the same issue or not. I don't know the
> reason why llvm-gcc adds that requirement, but it looks reasonable to
> have.

What you find reasoanble on it?  The numbered constraint just says that
the same register is used for both the output and input, nothing else.
The requirement is that the mode (i.e. bit size and kind (integer, floating,
etc.) has to be the same, so that the same register can be used, but
requiring the same type is pointless.

	Jakub