Re: libc tarballs

Apologies for the late reply, work and broken laptop got in the way

   For the existing releases missing tarballs (only 2.8 and 2.9), you
   don't touch anything.  You just make the tarballs from the existing
   cvs tags.  In a build dir:

	   make dist dist-version=2.8
	   make dist dist-version=2.9

Thanks a bunch! There is a small bug though, there is no tar.gz ball
of 2.8, nor a tar.bz2 of 2.9 on ftp.gnu.org.  All is fine for
glibc-libidn though.  I can dump them when the ftpadmins allow me to
upload things, and I can make a tarball on sourceware (don't have an
account there or access to the upload area for glibc).

   This uses cvs export, so it is slow/network-bound.  I usually did it on
   sourceware itself, where it is quick.  There you can use space in:
	   /sourceware/projects/glibc-home/tmp
   Feel free to fiddle everything I have there.  It is just scratch I've
   used for making dists and so forth.

I do not have an account on sourceware, where does one poke about
that?

I'll contact ftpadmin about gpg keys for ftp.gnu.org later this week.

   I don't expect we will have changed anything or gelled any new
   procedures in the 2.10 cycle.  Thereafter I think we will change
   how this stuff is done.  That's to be worked on here and can't
   happen without fresh devoted efforts from volunteers, but I don't
   expect that to get rolling today.

Are there any vauge plans for what is going to change after 2.10 from
the POV of the glibc maintainers?

   Given the procedure as it is, the steps above are what would be
   done for 2.10 too when that tag is made.  The other step is to talk
   on libc-ports (and not on this list) to coordinate ports tarballs
   and tags.  You can do that right now for 2.[89].

Right, will do that.

Thanks Roland for the help.