Re: glibc git tags

Roland McGrath wrote:
> I've made signed, back-dated git tags for all the old CVS release tags.
> This includes some pre-releases as well as proper releases.
>
> While doing this, I discovered that the cvs->git migrated tag
> cvs/glibc-2_10_1 was wrong.  It did not match that tag in actual CVS, but
> was one commit behind it.  I manually replaced it with the right commit id.

I noticed that too, but forgot to raise the issue.
The only explanation I could come up with is that someone moved
the tag in CVS at the last minute -- after I made what I thought
was the "final" copy of the repository.

> But this makes me nervous about tags from the CVS conversion.  (For all the
> rest of them, I just trusted the tags from the cvs migration were correct
> for the historical tags.)
>
> Jim, can you figure out what happened there or at least verify that all the
> cvs/* tags are now really correct wrt their real CVS counterparts?

I compared side-by-side gitk windows on pre-/post-aggregate+adjust repos,
viewing a couple branches and confirmed that the first and last few tags
pointed to the same commits.