Re: [ANNOUNCE] glibc-2.10.1-pb1 released

  Hi!

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 05:35:53PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Release managers need to:
>
> * Start one or more pages about their branch on the glibc wiki.
>   The first person also has to start the top-level Releases page that
>   should (eventually) cover, or point to other Releases/Foo pages that
>   cover, how releases work for contributors, how releases work for users
>   and bug-reporters, how releases work for packagers (whether actively
>   cooperating or not), status of individual release streams, etc.
>
> * Have a sourceware account in the glibc group.
>   There are web forms to request this and if you can't figure out
>   how to get it done, things are not going to work out for you here.
>
> * Hack themselves and/or coordinate with Carlos and whomever about
>   the non-wiki glibc web pages that might should say something about
>   your release branch.
>
> * Propose/state on wiki and mailing lists the specific procedures and
>   guidelines for the release/X.Y/* git space, so people know exactly
>   how to collaborate.

  Great to have such a list. I will do that when I return from vacation
in two weeks.

> Off hand, I would guess it makes sense for Petr to do 2.10 and Andreas to
> do 2.11.  But it's not so much about me naming as it's about you doing.
> As I've said before, being "the guy" is mostly about "buck stops with"
> and not about "in charge".  Each particular release stream will always
> primarily be a consensus of the interested.  For these first two in
> particular, I hope that both of you will be actively involved in both
> releases and in setting the standard for future cycles.

  Sure. Or if you don't want to wait before I return, we can do it the
other way around; either way, I think passing the cherry-pick pumpkin
for every major release is great idea.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne. -- Chaucer