Re: [ANNOUNCE] glibc-2.10.1-pb1 released

Andreas Schwab wrote:
Petr Baudis <pasky@suse.cz> writes:

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 05:35:53PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
Off hand, I would guess it makes sense for Petr to do 2.10 and Andreas to
do 2.11. But it's not so much about me naming as it's about you doing.
As I've said before, being "the guy" is mostly about "buck stops with"
and not about "in charge". Each particular release stream will always
primarily be a consensus of the interested. For these first two in
particular, I hope that both of you will be actively involved in both
releases and in setting the standard for future cycles.
Sure. Or if you don't want to wait before I return, we can do it the
other way around; either way, I think passing the cherry-pick pumpkin
for every major release is great idea.

Ok, to get things going I have now pulled Petr's pb-stable branch (minus
the controversial nscd patch) and pushed it together with a few further
cherry-picks to the release/2.10/master branch.

If this is intended to be a 2.10 maintenance branch, you probably do not want to have this commit:

commit dc50b6137ec8cb0746dc111d22f171f65755bf6b
Author: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
Date:   Fri May 15 10:24:57 2009 -0700

Version info change for 2.11 development.

Allan