Re: glibc/DEC Alpha questions

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Jeff Bailey
<jbailey@raspberryginger.com> wrote:
> Is henderson no longer maintaining alpha upstream?? I don't remember it
> getting moved to ports or anything.

Alpha was moved to ports last December [0], apparently due to not
having an active maintainer.

So Richard Henderson is no longer the maintainer. I'm really unclear
on this. He's still listed as the maintainer at least two places on
glibc websites [1] [2] and is the maintainer for Alpha stuff in the
kernel and occasionally responds to mail on linux-alpha@ but my no
means is active. Apparently, he doesn't even have working hardware
anymore... [3]. I've emailed him at least twice offering to send him
working EV67 hardware at no cost, but he's never even responded.

I've looked for some kind of announcement on various mailing lists
from him saying that he wasn't going to be maintaining Alpha stuff
anymore, but haven't come across a thing.

In contrast, he's still quite active on the gcc mailing lists.

Not sure.

Matt

[0] http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2008-12/msg00009.html
[1] http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS