git-merge-changelog

  Hi!

  Doing any sort of pull/merge/cherry-pick operations on the glibc.git
trees can be quite tedious because of endless conflicts in ChangeLog;
thankfully, git users in other GNU projects already experienced this as
well and fixed this for us - if you install custom merge driver
git-merge-changelog, from then on three-way merge operations on
ChangeLog should do the right thing.

  I have described the git-merge-changelog setup at:

	http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/GlibcGit#ChangeLog

You will need gnulib installed in order to compile it, your distribution
should have it packaged. This should be especially useful for release
managers who cherry-pick a lot.

  Perhaps if enough people like it, appropriate line could be added to
/.gitattributes; if someone doesn't have the merge driver installed, Git
simply reverts to the default builtin line-oriented merge driver.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
A lot of people have my books on their bookshelves.