Re: PATCH: Handle various cache size

----- "H.J. Lu" <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:
> If we want to provide the raw cache size
> values, we should introduce new values so that we don't have to
> change all those optimized string/memory functions,

This all means that the values have to be used in a way to be influenced by the odd values.  Why is this the case?  I would expect the code to not compare the cache size value for quality.  And if you need to have power-of-two values then I expect the code to easily handle this through some shifts.

Masking the value in cacheinfo means to unconditionally deprive users of the information which can deal with these odd values to use them.  They'd run sub-optimal.

Have you actually looked at every piece of code using the information?

And: why isn't the x86-64 code affected?

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â