asm-generic/unistd.h and glibc use of NR_ipc

I'm trying to figure out the status of glibc w.r.t the latest linux
unistd syscall interface, specifically, the status of the NR_ipc
syscall.   Currently, I see the following:

-- Circa June 2009, Arnd Bergman introduced asm-generic/unistd.h
(into the linux kernel) to provide a generic interface to system
calls. It does *not* define NR_ipc, and instead provides
NR_msgsnd, msgrcv, msgget, msgctl etc. syscalls.

-- Current glibc (2.12.1, as well as the current eglibc) does
not appear to use these new calls anywhere. Instead, glibc
has generic (non-arch-specific) implementations of msgsnd
etc.  that use the old NR_ipc interface (see, e.g.
sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/msgsnd.c, semget.c, shmdt.c, msgrcv.c,
shmget.c, etc.)

Is someone working on patches to get glibc to use the new
syscall interfaces (for IPC)?  Am I missing something? Seems like
any arch wishing to use asm-generic/unistd.h and get glibc working
gets to break new ground, here ... right?

-- Linas