Re: glibc.git: hook to prohibit pushing "bad-merge" commits

  Hi!

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 09:05:50AM +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
> > By default, that hook script has an independent setting to prohibit
> > pushing a commit that adds trailing blanks.  If committers don't want
> > that, let me know and I'll turn it off.  However, I suggest that you
> > leave it enabled and, if necessary, add '.gitattributes' entries to allow
> > whatever violations you deem appropriate.

  Can you help me out here, please? I'm probably doing something obvious
mistake...

  I have trouble pushing out current release/2.11/master, since it
requires me to add a trailing blank line at the bottom of INSTALL.
(Ulrich removed it, but make dist complains if INSTALL does not
match makeinfo's manual/install.texi 1:1.) I added .gitattributes
entry INSTALL -whitespace in the same commit, but the hook still
complains:

	remote: INSTALL:464: new blank line at EOF.
	remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/release/2.11/master

  You can find the branch I'm trying to push at

	git://repo.or.cz/glibc/pb-stable.git release/2.11/master

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
The true meaning of life is to plant a tree under whose shade
you will never sit.