Re: [Libtirpc-devel] Fwd: Re: proposed patch to rpcbind to providefiner-grained security controls than offered by the -i option

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010, Steve Dickson wrote:

> We, the NFS community, no longer need or used the SUN RPC code
> in glibc. We needed IPv6 support so we built and now support our
> own RPC library, called libtirpc.
>
> So as not to confuse people that are moving legacy apps to
> Linux: see http://marc.info/?l=linux-nfs&m=129200137524049&w=2
> we would like you to deprecate your old header files
> in /usr/include/rpc and point people to the new header
> files in /usr/include/tirpc.

How are the rpcgen utility and the headers in /usr/include/rpcsvc
affected?  Do you also provide your own version of this utility, or do
you use the glibc one?

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com