Re: [Libtirpc-devel] Fwd: Re: proposed patch to rpcbind to providefiner-grained security controls than offered by the -i option

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Ulrich Drepper <drepper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 13:57, Steve Dickson <SteveD@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> It probably makes sense to move the command from
>> glibc-common into libtirpc...
>
> Until there is a really good reason we probably shouldn't do it.
>
> If and when you make changes to rpcgen (for IPv6, perhaps) then we can
> think about moving it. ?But until then, just for stability and to not
> introduce surprises, it should probably stay where it is. ?It's not
> creating any problems.

glibc's rpcgen probably does not support generating TI-RPC-capable
source, so IMO a likely scenario is that we will try to find a more
recent version of rpcgen and, barring any licensing issues, port that.
 The port would then replace the glibc version of rpcgen.

I don't see a strong reason that we should tie rpcgen to this library
change, however.

--
"What is a pancake, if not a big, fluffy Eucharist?"
?-- Stephen Colbert