Re: [SPARC] Segfault when resolving STT_GNU_IFUNC functions

On 06/07/2011 12:53 PM, David Miller wrote:
> The problem in this case is that I'm trying to get at GLRO(dl_hwcap)
> which lives in the dynamic linker, from IFUNC resolver code which
> lives in libc.so

Ah, right, I mis-understood the actual problem.

I don't see why you wouldn't Define this as part of the Sparc ifunc abi,
rather than pretending it's private to libc.  It doesn't seem to affect
any part of the generic ifunc abi.

If someone actually wanted to use ifunc stuff in third-party libraries,
they'd be in the same situation.

r~