Re: ISO C11 issues for glibc

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011, Marek Polacek wrote:

> On 12/20/2011 11:03 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I think it makes sense to file bugzilla reports for each of these
> > individual items, perhaps all blocking a single "ISO C11 features"
> > tracking bug.
>
> I just did that.  I didn't, however, create a bug for stdatomic.h.
> Shall I do that?

It's not a required header, though I expect it will be wanted for use with
GCC 4.8 once that has the _Atomic type qualifier supported.

Without that header, __STDC_NO_ATOMICS__ should be predefined - and
without threads.h, __STDC_NO_THREADS__ should be predefined (properly of
course before the source file includes any headers, and in a way that
allows a separate implementation of the features to cause the macros to be
predefined, but the best you can do at present given the rejection of my
patches for bug 10110 is defining these macros in features.h).  Given the
need for predefined macros if you don't support those features, I suppose
there's a case for a bug at least to say that those macros should be
defined.

> I hope I get to resolve some of them soon.  Thanks,

Great!

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com