Re: Defining predefined macros for whole translation unit, revisited

On Wed, 1 Feb 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:

> It sounds like for libc the only change is moving the __STDC_* definitions
> from features.h into another file that features.h #include's.  IMHO that is
> a nice cleanup in its own right, since those definitions are quite unlike
> the rest of features.h and the purpose for which I first invented it.

Yes, exactly.  For libc it's a simple change that allows getting this bit
of the standard right (with the larger GCC change, that now would go in
GCC 4.8), allows getting similar things right for libdfp and other
libraries implementing various C extensions, and could be used in future
for better communication of other libc features to the compiler.

Anyone else have views on making this change to libc?

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com