Re: C11 bounds checking interfaces in glibc?

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 15:30, Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org> wrote:

> Are there any plans to support the C11 bounds checking interfaces (Appendix K)
> in glibc? I don't see anything in git.

Even the people who proposed them suggested them for fixing old code
and not as the way forward.  Such code belong in separate libraries
which a) take effort to use so that the functions become unused and b)
so that the library can be removed when the last offender is gone.