Re: Bugzilla: Version = unspecified vs. trunk?

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:

> I guess another way to slice it is to create the new version field
> immediately, and use that for all the trunk bugs before the release.

On the whole I think this is my preferred option for making the version
field at least somewhat meaningful for trunk bugs.  (In any case, people
submitting or triaging bugs should try to make clear exactly what version
or architecture they have tested with - whether it's a release or a
current development version.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com