Re: PATCH [1/n]: Initial x32 support

> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:
>
> > If what you propose is just sourcing ${srcdir}sysdeps/*/preconfigure before
> > ${add_on}/sysdeps/*/preconfigure, then I suppose that is alright.  I'm not
>
> Yes, that's what I propose.

Then I don't mind if you just do it.  I'm ambivalent about it printing out
per-file messages like it does for add-ons.  We certainly don't need more
build log clutter just for verbosity's sake, but in case of bugs introduced
into fragments, the logging probably makes it easier to track.  But for
that I think there is some handy autoconf way to just emit messages into
config.log and not to stderr, which might be just as good for debugging.
Do whatever you prefer.

Thanks,
Roland