Re: State of libc-locale?

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.com> wrote:
> On 04/04/2012 05:29 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Andreas Jaeger<aj@suse.com> ?wrote:
>>>
>>> Looking at the libc-locale archives and the many open bugs regarding
>>> locales: Is anybody still taking care of the locales?
>>

>> There are two issues here that I see:
>>
>> * What are the distros doing.
>>
>> * Bugzilla triage process.
>>
>> We should pull in the distros them in to talk about what they are
>> doing if anything with the locale bugs they get.
>>
>> I've tried to start documenting our distro contacts here:
>> http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/MAINTAINERS#Distribution_Maintainers
>

> Thanks, I've added myself for openSUSE and Michael for SUSE.
>

>> The bugzilla triage process is something we are still growing into.
>

> I know.
>
> locales looks special since it has a mailing list associated with it,

It's not special.

I think that we should kill the locales list and get everyone to post
issues to libc-alpha.

They are bugs just like any other bugs, having a special list or a
special process for them just means it will get neglected.

I'm a stalwart proponent for having only one way to do something :-)

Comments?

Cheers,
Carlos.