Reverting removal of exporting sunrpc code for glibc 2.16?

I'd like to have feedback - especially from the glibc distribution
maintainers - whether we should revert the following change for glibc 2.16:

* The RPC implementation in libc is obsoleted.  Old programs keep working
  but new programs cannot be linked with the routines in libc anymore.
  Programs in need of RPC functionality must be linked against TI-RPC.
  The TI-RPC implementation is IPv6 enabled and there are other benefits.

  Visible changes of this change include (obviously) the inability to link
  programs using RPC functions without referencing the TI-RPC library and
the
  removal of the RPC headers from the glibc headers.

Various distros - including Fedora and openSUSE - have been reverting this
patch locally already. Looking at the libtirpc project, the TI-RPC library
is not ready to be a full replacement and they need help to become a full
replacement. Right now I see no progress from them - but once it's a
replacement, I'm all for obsoleting the glibc code again.

Packages can still choose to use libtirpc instead of sunrpc, they can be
installed in parallel in a system,

Andreas