Re: Continous integration vs. sourceware.org

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Monday 14 May 2012 08:13:36 Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Pedro Alves skribis:
>> > This being git, you should still be able to fetch from the upstream
>> > remote at any given interval, while still fast-forward merge + test
>> > one commit at a time. ?IOW, there's no reason to couple fetch frequency
>> > with missing commits or not.
>>
>> Right, but that’s mostly a separate issue. ?You still need to fetch
>> frequently enough to get timely reports, and to make sure the build farm
>> is able to keep up.
>
> perhaps, but certainly anything less than 20 minutes (or even 30) is a bit
> unreasonable

I think that reasonableness needs to be decided by overseers.

However, before I go to see overseers I'd like to know exactly how
often the CI system pulls and how we might reduce that.

So for summary:
- It pulls ever 5-15 minutes.
- At present no steps are being taken to reduce the pulls in a given day.

Is that correct?

Cheers,
Carlos.