Re: Using __chk_fail from libstdc++

On Friday 01 June 2012 13:48:55 Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I would like to add _FORTIFY_SOURCE-style checks to libstdc++ which call
> > __chk_fail() on failure.  Is this an acceptable use of this symbol?
>
> It is a public exported symbol.  So I don't see a problem.

the only (unlikely) downside is that because it doesn't provide a prototype in
a header, if we were to change the function's signature, users of it wouldn't
notice until it was too late.  existing binary apps would work (because of
symbol compat), but newly linked apps would not.

should we put a prototype in one of our headers somewhere ?
-mike