Re: DoS in RPC implementation (CVE-2011-4069)

On 06/03/2012 04:48 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

I don't see Danen explicitly in the FSF's copyright.list, but he might be covered under his employer.

I believe that Vincent works for Red Hat, but I don't have an email for him.

Jeff,

Does Vincent work at Red Hat?
He does, which I believe Siddhesh has already confirmed as well as the patch's original author. FWIW, if you hover over someone's name in the RH bugzilla database, it'll show their email.

I'm not sure why this issue was never addressed in the master glibc sources; it may have simply slipped through the cracks as I was coming up to speed on the state of RH's glibc tree.

We've got two Red Hat Enterprise Linux updates in the pipeline right now; I'm planning to have Patsy review all the bugs in each release and flag those which might have fallen through the cracks in terms of getting the fixes pushed upstream.

jeff