Re: Merging glibc-ports repo

> Now, git makes it much easier to look at the old state of a tree than
> CVS, and removing files after a month or two should be fairly harmless -
> but only useful if the old repository is actually confusing people.

It will confuse people.  Having nothing but the README file there is the
right thing to do.

> The moratorium and branch with what will become "master" make sense - but
> I'd think the merge work and creation of that branch could happen
> immediately after the release is created from master - I don't think we
> need a gap between release creation and creating the merged branch.  (But
> I imagine Carlos will want to call the moratorium when he's ready to do
> the final release steps, to avoid any unexpected commits while the release
> steps are in progress.)

The moratorium beforehand need only be long enough to be completely sure
that all the commits and tagging that will be part of the release or of any
immediately post-release fire drills has completely settled out first.