The GNU C Library version 2.16 status update.

Community,

Thank you to all the machine maintainers and volunteers that have
helped during the freeze.

We have status for all the machines for the 2.16 release.

We have only 4 issues with the 2.16 milestone in bugzilla. These
issues are important, but they are not regressions, each is a
long-standing issues with glibc. I will be working to fix these
quickly and backport the fixes to 2.16.1.

Given that the goal is to produce time-boxed releases I propose that
we release 2.16 as soon as possible and stay on schedule.

The next steps are:

* [1 week] Between June 25th-29th I will tag and branch master after
any last minute tweaks.
- This process now includes folding ports back into the glibc repo.

* The release will be made on the first week of July.

* Find a volunteer release manager for 2.17.

Comments?

For anyone following along I'm updating the wiki as I roll through the
release process:
http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release

Cheers,
Carlos.