Re: Deleting git tags?

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com> wrote:
> As Thomas pointed out, for miscellaneous marker-dropping purposes, you can
> always just use branch names in your private name space, and choose names
> sufficiently unique that you're not going to reuse the same name later.
> That doesn't have the benefit of 'git describe' using those names as bases.
> But it does have the benefit that 'git remote prune origin' cleans up old
> copies of such branch names that their creator has since removed.

Thanks for the feedback Roland.

It looks like I'll have to wait until git 1.8.0 before I get the
expanded functionality that I'm looking to use.

I've changed the section on tags to read:
~~~
<<Anchor(Tag_Conventions)>>
-----
= Tag Conventions =

Tags will only be used to mark snapshots or full releases to external parties.

Snapshot tags are used to mark releases being delivered to the
translation team. Snapshot tags are of the form {{{glibc-X.Y.Z.DATE}}}
where {{{DATE}}} is {{{YYYYMMDD}}} e.g. {{{20120626}}}. Snapshots of
trunk always start with {{{90}}} for the value of {{{Z}}} e.g.
{{{glibc-2.15.90.20120626}}}.

Release tags are used to mark a release and must be signed tags.
Release tags are of the form {{{glibc-X.Y}}} or {{{glibx-X.Y.Z}}}.

~~~

I would still like to tag translation exports.

Cheers,
Carlos.