Re: Tagged trunk for 2.16.

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Carlos O'Donell
<carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:
> Community,
>
> I have tagged glibc and glibc-ports for the 2.16 release.
>
> The full release will be out shourtly.
>
> Master will not reopen for development until the ports merge is complete.

In an attempt to document and carry out the instructions step-by-step
to verify their correctness I made a mistake here.

The current glibc-2.16 tag points to a commit that represents master
*without* the version.h or include/features.h changes required for it
to be called 2.16.

I've adjusted the instructions on the wiki Release page to prevent
this from happening again.

The steps I will take to correct this are:

* Commit changes to version.h and include/features.h to make master become 2.16.
* Tag master with glibc-2.16.0.
* Release from glibc-2.16.0 tag.
* Branch 2.16 stable from glibc-2.16.0 tag.
* Master will *not* be changed back to 2.16.90 until after the ports
merge is complete.

Sorry for the additional tag.

I appreciate your patience as I get the process documented.

Cheers,
Carlos.