Re: Avoid use of libgcc_s and libgcc_eh when building glibc

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Joseph S. Myers
<joseph@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, Khem Raj wrote:
>
>> > Since static-stubs.c is linked in as a .o file, I wouldn't have expected
>> > --as-needed to make any difference; --as-needed is about linking in shared
>> > libraries, not .o or .a files.
>>
>> may be thats what is wrong in my case its .a
>> libgcc-stubs.a and not libgcc-stubs.o
>
> I said static-stubs not libgcc-stubs.  You should have static-stubs.o, it
> should be built from the ARM-specific source file not the generic one, and
> it should be linked in before libgcc.a (which in turn is linked in before
> libgcc-stubs.a).

Yes static-stub.o is there and is linked in before libgcc.a but
it does not have missing symbol. Thats why it goes on and picks it up
from libgcc.a
I dont see arch specific static-stubs.o for arm but I do see arch
specific libgcc-stubs.a