Re: make check in master

On Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:31:41 -0700, Andi wrote:

> FWIW I needed the following patches to make "make check" pass with
> current master. Not fully sure why the atexit test failed.

Did you build for a different prefix? That's when these two failures
occur. bug-atexit3 fails because it does not find libstdc++ and
libgcc_s in the prefix or cached in the ld.so.cache in the prefix. The
ABI check fails because _nl_default_dirname includes the prefix and
hence is a different size than it would have been if the prefix
was /usr. Of course, to confirm that they are the expected failures:

* For bug-atexit3, verify that the bug-atexit3.out complains about not
  finding libgcc_s
* For _nl_default_dirname, verify that the difference in length is the
  difference in length of "/usr" and your prefix.

These are known issues. I had started working on the bug-atexit3
failure with a series of patches to isolate the test environment, but I
dropped the ball at the last patch of the series. I hope to pick it
back up some day.

Regards,
Siddhesh