Re: [Patch][BZ 6530] *printf and incomplete multibyte sequences returns-1 bogusly

On 9/28/2012 2:40 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
> I've reviewed Andreas S.'s patch (as has Jonathan Nieder) and it's
> also the same patch that Rich Felker submitted (as far as I can tell
> independently).  I've also reviewed Jonathan's testsuite addition.
>
> Based on the above, I'm approving and installing these changes to fix
> this ANSI compliance issue.
>
> If anyone thinks I'm overstepping here, please let me know.

You are not overstepping your bounds. There is quite a bit of consensus
that the existing code is wrong and that we need to change this.

However, you still need to follow the normal contribution checklist
requirements.

Please post the patch, testing notes, and testcase to the list for
final review.

Cheers,
Carlos.
--