checking changes for warning regressions

Your commit ae30640a of 2012-9-19 has two issues.

First, you didn't update/collapse copyright years.

Second, this change introduced several -Wpointer-to-int-cast warnings.

Everybody, please consider it a responsibility for any change you do to
try the compilation on some relevant configuration and verify that it
does not introduce new warnings into the build with some fairly recent
compiler (I'm using 4.6.3).

In this case, the warning doesn't indicate any possible bug.  It's in an
if branch that will always be eliminated dead code in any circumstance
where the warning is issued.  But it's still bad to introduce such warnings.
(I don't think I need to elaborate on why it's bad.  I can if necessary.)

I haven't thought of a way to eliminate this warning without losing the
functional aspect of your change.  But I haven't put much effort into
finding one.  Please see if you can find one.

Thanks,
Roland