Re: malloc probes for Systemtap

On 10/04/2012 01:51 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Wednesday, October 03, 2012 06:54:10 Jeff Law wrote:
[...]
The ABI aspect of probing is a big open question for any project
adding static probes.

Let's discuss this separatly. Should we - at this point in time - make any promises about the ABI of probes? Or should we explictely warn users that those might change in the future and are not stable?
I think they're new enough in general that they should be considered unstable. The exception might be the dynamic linker probes which gdb depends on to get certain things right when handling DSOs.

Jeff