Re: Patch: Convert linux-generic to use <bits/fcntl-linux.h>

On 10/24/2012 4:32 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 October 2012 16:04:15 Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> On 10/24/2012 09:31 PM, Chris Metcalf wrote:
>>> Does it make sense to move the O_LARGEFILE definition to
>>> bits/fcntl-linux.h instead, i.e. if __O_LARGEFILE is not defined,
>>> provide a definition that's conditional on _WORDSIZE?  That seems like a
>>> more natural default, particularly as more platforms will be 64-bit with
>>> time and thus want zero for O_LARGEFILE.  <bits/wordsize.h> could either
>>> be unconditionally included, or just included ifndef __O_LARGEFILE.
>> We could have:
>> #ifdef __USE_LARGEFILE64
>> # if __WORDSIZE == 64
>> #  define O_LARGEFILE  0
>> # else
>> #  define O_LARGEFILE __O_LARGEFILE
>> # endif
>> #endif
> if i'm reading mips' fcntl.h correctly, i don't think that'll work.  you'd
> have to make this the __O_LARGEFILE default rather than O_LARGEFILE.  their
> 64bit abis are kind of the suck :/.
> -mike

Yes, I think this default definition should be up with the other __O_xxx
definitions and define __O_LARGEFILE if it's not defined.  This feels more
consistent with how the other platform defaults are handled.  It also is
less hairy since the __USE_LARGEFILE test for defining O_LARGEFILE is
separated from the _WORDSIZE test for defining __O_LARGEFILE.

--
Chris Metcalf, Tilera Corp.
http://www.tilera.com