Re: Use glibc version information in zic and zdump

On Sun, 11 Nov 2012, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> > >  timezone/version.h    |   1 +
> >
> > I mean, why would anyone do that *in the future, accidentally*?
>
> because accidents happen.  a single line added to gitignore is a trivial price
> to pay to help keep people from messing up in the future.

My point is that this is not any more likely than any number of other
hypothetical accidents, and cluttering up .gitignore with random
implausible hypothetical accidents is just noise.  You could equally do
this for any other file that has been removed from the source tree, or
proposed in a patch that was not committed, and it would be no more or
less useful.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com