Re: grep testsuite: test-fwrite fails with git glibc

On 11/25/2012 09:53 AM, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 07:17:06AM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
With glibc git, I get a test failure in building grep:

grep-2.14/gnulib-tests> ./test-fwrite
test-fwrite.c:53: assertion failed
Aborted

This does not seem to occur with glibc 2.16.
Siddhesh, could you check the grep testsuite with your patch for
BZ#11741, please?

My patch seems to have exposed what I think is a bug in fwrite implementation. The current assumption in fwrite is that even if _IO_sputn returns EOF, the data is in the buffer and only a flush failed. That assumption is wrong since the flush could have happened in the middle of writing data, which resulted in an EOF. The following patch to fwrite should fix this. The glibc testsuite is still clean with this change. Is this OK for master?

So, this patch fixes the grep testsuite? Great! Could you add a testcase for glibc so that we don't regress again?

thanks a lot for your quick investigation and fix, I'd like somebody else to review it,

Andreas

Siddhesh

ChangeLog:

	[BZ #11741]
	* libio/iofwrite (_IO_fwrite): Return 0 on EOF.
	* libio/iofwrite_u.c (fwrite_unlocked): Likewise.