Re: Handling patches via email (particularly thunderbird).

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:54 PM, Richard Henderson <rth@twiddle.net> wrote:
> On 11/28/2012 01:37 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> I'm curious, why doesn't it work well with gcc?
>
> Subversion, mostly.

Right, so I didn't expect you to interpret it that
literally. I was thinking more about the process
and not the exact tools.

You could write the same script for subversion with
a few more options to say what's a commit.

All of this reminds me how much I dislike working
with cvs in binutils... I wonder how much energy
it would take to make gcc, gdb, and binutils all
start using git?

Cheers,
Carlos.