Re: Increase width of padded output in stdio-common/tst-put-error

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012, Roland McGrath wrote:

> I haven't looked into the context deeply, so perhaps I'm missing something.
> But why not just use setbuf/setvbuf to fix the buffer size in the test to
> match the assumption encoded in the choice of padding size to write?

I don't know why the test uses the present approach with setlinebuf.  (To
some extent I think this test is illustrating another development
guideline: adding new tests to an old testcase is often a bad idea as it
can cause what appear to be regressions but aren't.  Any reasons for how
things are done in the old (2005) part of the test may not apply to the
bit added last month about testing padded printing.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com