Re: If glibc had a logo what would it be?

On 12/08/2012 06:55 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> What logo would you choose for the project?

I suggest using the glossy ibis (Plegadis falcinellus)
as our mascot, since GLossy IBiS is close enough to GLIBC.
(Try saying "glossy ibis" quickly three times....)

There's a gorgeous free image of a glossy ibis at
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Plegadis_falcinellus_%28aka%29_background_blurred.jpg
that we could use or adapt.  Or perhaps someone with artistic
skills could draw a cartoon logo, either from that image
or the lots of other free images that are available, e.g.,
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Plegadis_falcinellus

Ideally we would get John Lasseter of Pixar/Disney to
do our logo.  He did the logo for the BSD daemon, at
http://www.freebsd.org/layout/images/beastie.png
I've heard he's pretty busy these days, but perhaps
he could suggest someone.