Re: Checking that a memory area is empty

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Shérab <Sebastien.Hinderer@ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> Dear Carlos and all,
>
> Yes, of course, your response makes perfect sense. I'm grateful that
> you have taken the time to write it, especially given that I'm really a
> newbie knowing almost nothing.
>
> At this stage, I guess I'd be happy to receive an advice. In your
> opinion, is the function I described worth the effort? I, personnally,
> think it could be helpful to have such a funciton but I'd be happy to
> read the opinions of much more experienced developers and to know whether
> they think such a function would be interesting enough to justify
> starting a discussion with the national body standards group?

The function itself will not be worth the effort, but the journey of
discovery you would undertake would be of immense value to
your vocation as a software developer :-)

You've already shown an interest in the area of core libraries
and have thought about what basic functional unit an application
might use to do useful work. I would get involved in the standards
process and see where it takes you.

If you feel like helping with the GNU C Library work I would suggest
looking at our extensive todo lists:
http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/SmallProjects
http://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Development_Todo/Master

Cheers,