Re: [Patch] Dryrun framework.

On 04/09/2013 03:22 PM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> Dryrun is framework to supply real world data for microbenchmarks
> and analyze workloads.

Have you looked into leveraging systemtap to get this
done with lower overhead and less intrusiveness than
dlopen()?

With systemptap we add a static probe point to exp()
with any data that we need.

There is a lot of work that has gone into systemtap to
make sure that it scales and can handle lots of data.

We already have systemtap probe points for the dynamic loader.
If I ever get around to reviewing Alex's patches we'll have
systemtap probe points for malloc.

We still need a `dryrun' framework, but in this case
the framework would help the user turn on the various
systemtap probe points, collect data in one place, and
then provide post processing for the results.

Comments?

Cheers,
Carlos.