Re: Bug 9954 - getaddrinfo assertion triggered without reason

On 05/01/2013 08:12 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
On 05/01/2013 09:00 AM, Allan McRae wrote:
I have a couple of Arch Linux users reporting the same assertion as in
this Bug 9954 [1], so I was looking into the patch provided (from 2009...).

I appears that both Fedora and Debian carry this patch, although not
openSUSE or Gentoo.  A quick search only found this being reported in
Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu and Arch (some of those assumably pre-patching).

However, I can not replicate using the test case attached to that bug.
Is anyone else able to?

It looks like Fedora has it but RHEL doesn't.
Right. I think I added it in either F17 or F18 in response to multiple instances of the failure reported against Fedora.

It's one of the many patches still to upstream. Believe it or not the situation is far better now than it was this time last year :-)

This is one of these mystery patches that Fedora is carrying that we
eventually want to merge upstream.
It's not much of a mystery, but a matter of time.

I wish all distros had a distro branch in upstream git with all of
their patches in said git branch and we all worked quickly and easily
via git pull requests.
My understanding is we had this at some point -- unfortunately when Red Hat's glibc team imploded and the pieces were handed to me nobody mentioned it to me. The only way I found out was an offhand remark from Roland or someone else on this list.

Jeff