Re: Consensus: Tuning runtime behaviour with environment variables.

On 05/29/2013 06:56 AM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
- User changeable environment variables that impact library runtime
   behaviour is dangerous.

   * Could you specifically point out what you find dangerous?
     I see no more danger than we already face when adding a new
     API or reviewing code changes. How is this different
     than all of the other work we do?

One general problem of env vars is that they can all too easily affect processes they were not intended to affect (like when the target process spawns another process).

Stephan