Re: Thread-, Signal- and Cancellation-safety documentation

On 06/04/2013 04:19 PM, Rich Felker wrote:

The clone syscall is not needed; the unshare syscall will do. I don't
know whether it's part of glibc's interface contract for this to work,
but as far as I can tell, pthread_create and calling unshare in the
new thread is safe and usable with most if not all of the current
unshare flags.

The unshare manual page talks about the process, not about the calling process. Does it really apply to the thread only? Then we should fix the manual page.