Re: Avoid use of "register" as optimization hint

> Others here, who pointed this issue out when I posted the patch at the time.
> For example:
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-01/msg00425.html
>
> Which suggested we need to ask the FSF for approval.

The approval we got all those years ago to relicense pieces from GMP v1
when it was under GPL (v1 I think) to glibc LGPLv1 (as it was then) is
sufficient as far as I'm concerned.  If anyone is worried about the subject
and not satisfied just to blame me if there is any complaint in the future,
then they can figure out whom at the FSF to ask and how to get an answer in
less than another 15 years.  I say we just do it.