Re: Update on freeze status of glibc 2.18?

On 11 June 2013 04:44, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@redhat.com> wrote:
> Siddhesh,

I'd like to get Eric Bigger's fix[1] for a libio regression in before
the freeze.  I had reviewed it, but it was pending due to his
copyright assignment papers and my request for a second review, since
I had introduced the regression in the first place.  The copyright
papers are done as Joseph confirmed in the thread, so a second review
is pending.

I'd also like the string benchmark port[2][3] to be included in 2.18.
Andreas Jaeger has already acked the first part of the patch, so the
other two are pending review.  The second one is large, but
mechanical.

And finally there's my patch to set/restore rounding modes only when
it is necessary[4].  That almost fixes the performance regression we
introduced in the default case by setting and restoring rounding modes
in some functions.

I may work on the clock() precision and dlsym bugs this week too, but
I don't consider them blockers for 2.19.

It would also be nice if someone could run through the other patches
pending review and notify submitters to hold on to the patch and
resubmit for 2.19 or justify blocking 2.18 for its inclusion.

Siddhesh

[1] http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-05/msg00526.html
[2] http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-06/msg00084.html
[3] http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-06/msg00085.html