Re: [RFC] Add missing copyrights

> Is it sufficient to generate a link map of a template application, parse
> the objects that were pulled into the link, then locate those objects
> and look at all the sources files that generated them, determining if
> their source files have the correct license with exception?

Yes, for an appropriate definition of "template application".  (I
don't really know what you meant by that.)  For the crt* files, any
application will do.  For libc_nonshared stuff, you'd need an
application that calls every entry point that's defined in
libc_nonshared.  Since keeping track of what's in that set is half
the battle, this doesn't seem like it's really the right approach.
It actually seems both easier and less error-prone just to examine
the installed ${libdir}/*crt*.o and ${libdir}/*_nonshared.a files.

Taking it from the object files of interest, there are two obvious
ways to go about it.  One is what you implied: look at their DWARF
info to see the list of source files.  The other is something akin
to what we do with stub_warning to generate gnu/stubs.h contents.
That is, have each source file with exception text use a macro that
emits an empty section with a special name.  Then it's easy to check
each object file for this section (and perhaps remove them for
installation so they don't ever appear in user programs).

Thanks,
Roland